Socialisation and training is essential for any new pup – not just to help fit in to family life, but also to help prevent many behavioural problems
Our puppy socialisation classes are organised and run by our fully qualified animal behaviourist nurse, and are held on a Tuesday evening from 7:00pm - 7:30pm and 7:45pm - 8:15pm at our veterinary practice in Livingston. Puppies can attend after their second vaccination, and each puppy can attend for four weeks.
Exercises carried out include:
- Demonstrations of basic training and opportunities to practice
- Introducing your puppy to different people and other breeds of puppies
- Teaching your puppy to focus on you while other people and animals are around
- Introducing your puppy to our sounds CD to help prevent noise phobias
- Introducing your puppy to new and strange objects
Puppies will take part in supervised play sessions during intervals and advice will be given about their behaviour and interactions with each other. A question and answer session also allows owners to have the opportunity to get advice on anything else regarding the general development and wellbeing of their puppy.
Please note that due to the high demand for places we now request that owners book their puppies places in advance. Classes cost £3 per session and are only available to registered Lamond Vet Clinic clients.